Candied Grapefruit Cocktail from http://prettyplainjanes.com/
- 1 ounce gin
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 candied grapefruit peels
- dash of cayenne, depending on how spicy you like it (optional*)
- grapefruit wedge and sugar for rimming (optional*)
- *Mix cayenne and sugar, rim glass with a grapefruit piece then dip in sugar mixture before filling with ice. The touch of cayenne compliments the gin nicely.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, grapefruit juice, agave and gin. Shake several times. Pour over a 4oz glass filled with ice. Slide two candied grapefruit peels onto a wooden skewer (cut in half) and place on the rim of the glass. Now be prepared to taste one of the best drinks you have ever had!
LEMON LAVENDER COCKTAIL from Bake Noir
This fabulous summer cocktail is adapted from Saveur.com. I tweaked the amounts just slightly. For this cocktail, you’ll first have to make a simple lavender syrup. The recipe is included and it yields approximately 200ml of syrup. This is enough for 5 drinks. If you have leftovers, keep it in the refrigerator and use to flavor other drinks or desserts.
Lemon Lavender Cocktail
40ml lemon juice
40ml lavender syrup (recipe follows)
splash of club soda
one lemon slice, for garnish
Pour gin, lemon juice and lavender syrup into a glass and stir. Top with club soda, add some ice and garnish with a lemon slice.
For the lavender syrup:
1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Add lavender and cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, just until it starts to thicken a bit. Then set to the side to cool. Strain out the lavender and refrigerate. Yields 200ml of syrup.
Author: Monika Topolko
Elderflower Champagne Cocktail by http://www.thekitchn.com/
Try pairing the above with these beautiful Riccotta Crostinis from Honestly Yum
Or simply Pour some Pink champagne into vintage style glasses!!