Sunflower summer gazpacho
Cant wait to try this recipe from Dolly & Oatmeal
GOLDEN SUNFLOWER GAZPACHO | V
| makes 4 servings |
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or sungold tomatoes (or a combination of both)
- 3 ears fresh corn (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion (about 3/4 cup), diced
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt & fresh pepper, to taste
- unsweetened coconut yogurt
- fresh cilantro leaves
- toasted sunflower seeds
- nasturtium flowers
- fresh pepper
- drain and rinse the sunflower seeds and set them aside.
- core the tomatoes and place in the container of a high-speed blender (if you're using sungolds there is no need to core them). cut the kernels away from each corn cob, and place in the blender as well. to the blender add, the onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, sunflower seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. blend on high for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides as you go until you get a silky smooth consistency. taste and adjust the salt and/or vinegar.
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- serve chilled with a dollop of yogurt, toasted sunflower seeds, cilantro, and a nasturtium bloom (optional).